The Jewish side tagged me to do this assignment of mentioning 7 things that I love.
Here we go
1. I enjoy music, many different kinds. Rock, dance, and mellow music to name a few.
Sometimes, when I listen, I picture things like colors. For instance, a song might make me think of the color blue, and another song might be green etc. Music has the amazing power to uplift us and take us to another place. Nice music speaks to the soul.
2. I enjoy reading and writing. I’m actually working a story that I have been working on for a while. Reading also takes us away. A good novel can have you in it’s grip until the last page. Then there is the sadness of it being over. I remember continuing to think for awhile of the books I have read. A really good one stays with you.
3. My neighborhood. I like that my block is lively with kids playing and so on. Plus, I enjoy the scenery, especially after it rained and the view looks screaky clean. The sky is a mixture of blue, white and silver, and the sun shines brightly through the trees on the block.
4. Being with friends -- Before some of my friends moved, we use to meet every shabbos at their house for shalosh seudos. I still have a few here which is nice, BH. I heard someone mention something beautiful about the word yedid (beloved friend) The word is spelled yud, daled, yud, daled. These two letters spell yad(hand) The meaning is that yedidim go hand in hand. I also heard something about the word chaim. We say the plural chaim instead of chai because life is suppose to be lived with others.
5. I enjoy chocolate immensely. Guess that’s normal. I use to only like milk chocolate, but I’ve grown accustomed to dark chocolate as well because it’s healthier. Still like the other more though.
6. I love that Baruch Hashem, He’s given me an understanding about different things. I like to gather good info and share it with others. I enjoy helping others in some way, either intellectually, emotionally, physically, spiritually. It’s very important for us to feel for others, like if someone needs emotional support, we should do what we can, or at least just be there.
7 Sitting on the sofa and relaxing. It’s good to relax once in a while.
I tag frumstepper dixieyid Thinking out loud ClooJew Sara Rivka floatingreflection and whoever else wants to do it
Saw this somewhere, 'The city of happiness is in the state of mind.' Meaning, happiness is a choice