In life, we can either let our experiences make us bitter, or we can channel that feeling towards being a good example in order to improve things.



------



Thursday, July 28, 2005

My internship awhile ago

I was taking Early childhood 21 and I had to do interning in a preschool as a student teacher. What's annoying is that the preschool director, when she walked into the room, assumed that I don't do much because I'm just walking around. Yes, I was walking around, but that's not all I did. She didn't see the times I sat with the children and interacted with them. Later she told me that I should engage and interact with the children more. While that's true that I could improve on that, she shouldn't expect me to be on the same level as the teachers. I guess she was expecting someone who gets into it right away, where as I needed to warm up before getting into it. But I DID try and made some progress. She just didn't see it.

What she didn't understand was that my assignment was to observe first for awhile and then start engaging and interacting with them.
I was doing both observing and interacting, because there was plenty of time for both.
Oh well, I guess everything is for the best.

6 comments:

Zoe Strickman said...

That annoys me when someone sees one second or one timeframe and makes the assumption that this is the way it is all the time. Sorry she made the judgement about you. People need to learn not to do that.

CJ Srullowitz said...

As long as you know that you are making progress and, lulei demistafina, heading in the right direction, don't worry about her.

Quality always shines through in the end.

smb said...

thanks guys

Pragmatician said...

My boss always walks in on me when I'm surfing a little, but rarely the other 7 hours of the day when I’m typing like a madman.
How can this be explained?

smb said...

I don't know.

I guess we should take cloo's advice.

Karl said...

Thats life. You do whats right and He will reward you. You can't do more that whats right.