In life, we can either let our experiences make us bitter, or we can channel that feeling towards being a good example in order to improve things.



------



Monday, June 30, 2008

keep them focused

I was helping a lady last week with her playgroup. The ages are 2-5. They mainly were just running around and playing outside. Sometimes the boys and girls sat at four benchs when they were playing with playdough or having snack or lunch. While sitting, they sometimes have to wait for something like snack for instance. When this happens, they get bored and start bothering each other, and so I went to one of the benches where it was bad. Usually, this other lady that works there, just removes one of the kids to another bench. But I'm not able to, I tried. And so, I used a different approach. What they need is to be occupied so they are focused on something else. I started a conversation with them about airplanes. Now the problem was, they were all talking at once. And so I quieted them and said lets hear him and pointed to the kid. Afterwards, another kid said their story, and so on. Works like a charm

In an earlier experience, while at different preschools, I have noticed that if you are going to have the kids stand in line, before going out, make sure to keep them focused with a song or conversation so they don't bother each other while in line. Or when lining them up, take them out side quickly before they get bored standing and waiting.

well have a good week everyone, stay cool :)