In life, we can either let our experiences make us bitter, or we can channel that feeling towards being a good example in order to improve things.



------



Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Staring...

Lets see, for the early childhood class that I'm taking, I have to intern in a preschool as a student teacher. And since this is the second class that has us interning, for this class my teacher has to come film me there twice during the semester. The first filming was today. My biggest worry was that I would be standing on the yard doing nothing.
I tried talking to a couple of kids at a table in the yard but they didn't say much and so I moved on to another area. Fortunatly, b''h I found a good oppertunity to talk with a couple of kids in the sandbox. The kids and I spoke about what they were doing and before I knew it, the fifteen minutes of filming were up, which was a big relief. I think I did okay, but I know I could have done better. For example, asking them more questions or something to enhance the conversation. Later, I'm going to have to view it with her, which I'm kind of shy about but hopefully it'll help to know what to improve and how.

11 comments:

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Good luck, filming sounds like fun.

anonym00kie said...

sounds nervewracking.. sounds like u ddi fine tho! good luck

Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

Early childhood class, Ahhh one for the memories :)

G'luck!

Pragmatician said...

how difficult, I could probbaly not function knowing I'm filmed.

kasamba said...

Can you ham it up???

smb said...

Social, thanks, it would be if it wasn't for a school assignment :)

Mookie, it was. thanks also.

CS, you took ECE, too? nice

Prag, The hardest part was thinking about what to say to the kids.

Kasamba, that's a good idea to enhance the conversation and play. thanks

Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

LOL Sorry for not being clear, no I didn’t take ECE, I was referring to the memories of being a little kid in pre-school.

I wanna play in duh sandbox too :(

smb said...

that's okay :)

yea, those were the good old days.

ggggg said...

wow! A real star! lol

FrumGirl said...

Sounds really interesting. What class is it for?

smb said...

LV, lol

FG, yea it is interesting. it's for early childhood education.