In life, we can either let our experiences make us bitter, or we can channel that feeling towards being a good example in order to improve things.



------



Sunday, December 18, 2005

Olam hablog

Wow can you believe it, it's alsmost 2006! I wonder if any bloggers are going to do a review of 2005 and mention memerable posts from the year. Then again, maybe somebody already did and I don't know it, or maybe they're going to. Obviously since there are so many Jblogs, they won't be able to mention all of them, but will just mention some. And if a bunch of bloggers mention their favorite posts from the year, then I'm sure a blog that wasn't mentioned in So & so's blog will be mentioned in another.

Why did you start blogging? I started in order to say what's on my mind and also to socialize with others. I think most of us probably do it for these reasons and then some. Before I started, I was just a reader and wasn't really interested in doing it myself. Later someone told me that I might decide to make one myself and I thought neh, I don't think so. Well we all know how that turned out, lol. When I first started, it was so exiting because of the possibilities. It's also hard because it takes up time and effort. But I think the positive outweighs the negative. You meet many people and make many virtual friends. I guess you can do that without being a blogger and just being a commentor, but with blogging you get to share stories and other stuff that's on your mind.

Well that's all. Have a good week everyone.

8 comments:

Josh said...

Interesting, the Jewish round up of the non-Jewish year. I would definitely be interested to see a top ten list, but how would it be established? Most comments? Most page views? Or on more of a subjective basis, ie what was most topical, most well researched, best written, most controversial? So many possiblities. Unfortunately, no single post stood out in my mind. I spent the year just widening my net of the great stuff out here.

I started as a blogger, and only at the end became a commentator. I guess the blogworld seemed about self expression, and only later did I learn that it's really a community. While I still love the creative outlet, I've learned that you can really build friendships, even if you never go further than leaving comments.

Lvnsm27 said...

Some blogger might establish it as a top 10 list of the most something or other. And someone else might just post a list of their favorite posts.

Also, I agree about building friendships

Masmida said...

To let some of the voices in my head say the things that they rest of me won't let them say.

Part of it was a mussar excercise to keep my mind focused on the hebrew rather the secular time of year, hence the name, but it seems that I've gotten lazy.

Lvnsm27 said...

That's why you blog. Cool.

It's okay to be lazy once in awhile. I wish you hatzlacha in your mussar excercise.

Pragmatician said...

hey I started for the same reasons!

Lvnsm27 said...

Cool :)

Semgirl said...

I cant even to begin to express the smallest drop of HaKaras HaTov to all my cyber and blog friends that have made such a difference in my life. They have really got me thru some lonely times, don't know where I would be today w/o them..

Maybe Hashem give each and every one whatever they need whenever they need it..

Lvnsm27 said...

That's great